In today’s post, I’m going to show you exactly how to deactivate your Facebook account and still keep your facebook messenger active.
These are the steps I used to easily deactivate facebook and still connect with my friends and loved ones on Facebook Messenger.
Normally, deactivating your Facebook account will also deactivate your messenger.
However, there is a way you could maneuver the process of deactivating facebook account and still be using messenger for the time.
Interestingly, the tricks on how to get that done are what I will be showing you in the course of this article.
This is post is all about how to deactivate facebook account temporarily.
We’ll also take a brief look at the steps you need to follow to close facebook permanently if you so choose.
Facebook Messenger App
Before the conception as well as the birth of facebook messenger, facebook users message their friends and loved ones exclusively on the facebook platform.
In other words, today’s messenger was yesterday’s messaging feature on Facebook.
However, Facebook decided to give Messenger independence a few years back and now people can chat, connect and do several things on messenger, messaging app on facebook without accessing the facebook official platform.
The interesting part is that people on facebook can still access the facebook messenger via facebook.
To do that, just login your facebook account from facebook.com and locate on the left column of your account and you should see Messenger. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the messaging platform. See the screenshot below.
Messenger now has an app known as a messenger app. The facebook messenger app is the new messenger.
It’s the official Facebook app that lets Facebook users chat with their friends and family in a more mature manner.
If you have a lot of Facebook friends, using the Facebook messenger app is the easiest and quickest way to keep in touch with your friends and family.
Your conversations are usually one-on-one, and you can see if your buddy has read the message and written it.
You can create group messages and store all your messages in a specific location.
Interestingly, to start using a Facebook messenger app you ‘ll to download it.
How To Download Facebook Messenger App
The process involved in downloading the facebook messenger app is very simple and easy. Follow the simple steps below”
- Go to google play store on your device or click Messenger app
- Wait for the app to be downloaded and then install
Bear in mind that while trying to install the messenger, you’ll need to allow the app to access your device.
Once the installation process is done, you can now start using the messaging app.
Facebook messenger app allows video sharing, photo sharing, and status updates.
Peradventure you feel messaging your friends is not enough for you, you can use the Facebook messenger app to take a photo or video directly.
Another thing is that you can also call your friends and family by voice or video on Facebook. A cellular data plan or Wi-Fi link can be used to do this.
How To Make Voice Call On Facebook Messenger App
Making a voice call on facebook messenger app is very simple and easy. All you need to do is to hover to the bottom of the app and then tap on calls among the lists of icons including, Home, Calls, People, and Games.
Bear in mind that once you tap on the calls button you will be prompted to make voice calls to a person or a group of persons.
You can also make video calls with individuals or with a group of people.
Before we shall proceed to how to deactivate facebook account, let’s quickly consider the facebook features of facebook messenger app.
Facebook Messenger App Features
Here are the lists of the facebook messenger app you need to know.
- Direct messaging – Facebook users can send messages to other users without the requirements of being friends as long as the user has the phone number of the other user in their contact list.
- Chat heads – displays an icon with a contacts profile photo.
- Money transfer – this feature supports group payments. Its users can use the app to send money to friends and families.
- Calls – the app lets you make voice calls and video calls which enhances communication.
- Location sharing – users can tap on a location button and they will be shown a map that can pinpoint any location. Even if the user is not present at the place. It enables users to share location with a friend or group of friends.
- Transportation request
- Third-party app integration.
- SMS support – Facebook implement support for SMS texting within the messenger android app.
- Multiple accounts – Facebook added support for multiple support in the messenger app.
- Home message panel – Facebook introduced the Home button in messenger as a central location for sending and receiving of the message.
- Secret conversation – users can send each other an end-to-end encrypted messages through an optional mode called “secret conversation “. Users can also send each other “self-destructive “ messages that can be removed permanently following an optional period of time.
- Instant games – the Facebook Messenger app allows users to play games.
How To Access Facebook Messenger App
The facebook messenger app can be used independently or together with the facebook app.
You hover to https://www.messenger.com to access the Facebook messenger app on your web browser or you can use the mobile facebook messenger app on iOS or Android devices.
You can download the latest messenger app by visiting the Google play store or you can click here.
Even though it is easier to access the Facebook messenger app via the messenger website, your personal Facebook account, or mobile apps, you can also choose to install “add-ons” in some browsers to make it more interesting.
Mind you that add-ons are not the official Facebook app rather they are just third party extensions that non-Facebook inventors designed for free.
A typical example is the Mozilla Firefox browser. Here users can put the Facebook messenger app on the side of their screens and use it while they are on their websites.
That is it on the facebook messenger app.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account
The process involved in how to deactivate FB account is very simple and easy.
However, before we shall dive into that, let’s first consider what the facebook account deactivation is all about.
To deactivate your Facebook account or facebook account deactivation is the process of making your account inactive for some period of time on the giant social media platform.
During this inert period, your facebook account won’t be visible on facebook.
Search keywords: how to reactivate facebook account, delete fb account, how to deactivate instagram, how to deactivate snapchat, how to deactivate twitter, how to delete facebook account in spanish, facebook deletion service, cancel facebook deletion, accountkiller facebook, how to describe facebook account, how to delete facebook page, ok google delete my facebook account, delete facebook data, deactivate facebook to move on, delete facebook privacy, is it bad to delete facebook, what happens when you deactivate messenger, how long can you deactivate your facebook, how to deactivate facebook messenger 2019
According to the facebook help center, when you deactivate your Facebook account, the following things happen:
- Some of the messages you sent to your friends and loved ones may still be seen or visible
- Your Facebook profile won’t be visible on the giant social media platform
- The people you’re friends with can still see your name in their friends list
- You can still reactivate your account by simply logging into the account using your login details
- If you’ve joined a group on facebook, admin of the group can still see your posts, comments, and profile name on the group.
How Do I Temporarily Deactivate My Facebook Account?
To deactivate your account on facebook temporarily, do the following:
- Log onto your Facebook profile
- Locate and tap on the upside-down triagular-shaped icon at the top corner of your Facebook page
- Tap Settings from the drop-down menu to proceed to the general settings page
- Tap on Your Facebook Information at the top left column of the page
- Next, tap deactivation and deletion at the bottom of the page
- If the small circular box that is before the deactivation button is checked already, tap on the continue to deactivation button at the bottom right of the dialog box
- Now, enter your Facebook password in the space provided and tap on the continue button
- Proceed to select the reason why you want to deactivate your Facebook account and tap on the close button
- Tap deactivate at the bottom of the box
- Finally, tap “deactivate now” and your account will be taken off facebook for some period of time.
That is how to deactivate facebook account temporarily. Now let’s come back to the question that calls for this article: Is there any way to Deactivate my Facebook but keep Messenger active?
Normally, if you signup facebook messenger via the app independent of facebook, deactivating or deleting your Facebook account will have nothing to do with your messenger.
But if you’re accessing facebook messenger with your normal facebook account details, deactivating your Facebook will also deactivate your messenger.
However, there is a way to by-pass that. You can deactivate facebook and still use your messenger to connect with your friends and loved ones.
Here is what to do if you want to deactivate your Facebook account and still keep messenger.
When you want to deactivate your Facebook account, do not logout messenger.
Make sure you keep it logged in and continue with the facebook deactivation process.
Interestingly, if you deactivate Facebook account but still have Messenger:
1. You can still interact and message your friends and loved ones on Facebook Messenger.
2. People will still see your Facebook profile picture and conversations on Messenger.
3. Other people can search for you to send you a message on facebook messenger
That is how to deactivate facebook and still keep your messenger active.
How To Reactivate A Deactivate Account On Facebook
If however, you have deemed it fit to come back on facebook after deactivation, all you need to do is to reactivate it.
The steps involved in re-activating Facebook account is very simple and easy.
Interestingly, to reactivate your account on Facebook after deactivating it, simply hover to facebook.com or your Facebook app and log in to your account using your email address or phone number and your correct login password as usual.
When once you do that successfully, your Facebook account will be back for use, and all your information is readily available.
How Can I Deactivate My Facebook Account Permanently?
Facebook users can also choose to deactivate their account permanently. Here, there is no option for reactivating once carried out successfully. That is why it is important you’re sure of deleting your Facebook account before you proceed.
One thing that is worthy of doing here before deactivating your Facebook account permanently is to download a copy of your Facebook information.
So if you’re serious with deleting your Facebook account, do this first:
- Log into your account on the giant social media platform
- Next, tap on the triangular-shaped icon at the top right corner of your Facebook page
- Tap settings
- Tap on your facebook information
- Tap on download your information. See the screenshot below;
6. Tap on create file at the right-hand side of the page. Now, you’ll see a message like the one below.
7. Wait for some time and Facebook will notify you once your data is ready for download.
8. Now go to your notification button at the top right corner of your facebook page, locate and tap on your facebook information file is ready to download. See the screenshot below.
9. Next, click on the download button and a copy will be delivered into your device. See screenshot below’
That is how to download a copy of your data from facebook.
Once you’re done with that, you can now proceed to delete facebook permanently.
To delete your Facebook account permanently, do the following:
- Use this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account to proceed to the facebook deletion page
- If you’re yet to login your account you’ll be prompted to do so
- Next, tap on the delete my account option at the bottom right of the dialog box. See a screenshot below.
4. You may need to confirm account deletion. If that is the case, tap on the confirm button and you’re done.
Your Facebook account has now be scheduled for permanent deletion.
That is it on Is there any way to Deactivate my Facebook but keep Messenger active?
Do you have any questions regarding how to deactivate your Facebook account and still maintain messenger?
If yes, use the comment section below.