Do you want to secure your Facebook account? Here is a post that teaches how to enable 2FA – two-factor authentication.
Two-factor authentication is a feature on Facebook that notifies you when someone attempts to access your Facebook account.
Interestingly, if you have enabled 2FA on facebook, whenever you want to login to your account, facebook will send you an OTP with which you can access the facebook login page.
The code can either be sent to your inbox or to your app. How to enable two-factor authentication on facebook is fairly simple and easy.
Fortunately, this article will show you how to get that done with ease at the comfort of your smartphone or personal computer.
How To Enable 2FA On Facebook Fast
Changing your facebook password on a regular basis as well as having a long password is no longer enough for securing your account.
With 2FA enabled you’ll be asked to validate your identity each time you log in. Validation uses one of several methods, which includes entering a one-time code sent to your mobile device or approving the authentication attempt on another trusted device.
Here is how to get that done at the comfort of your desktop computer:
- From facebook.com, go to the top right corner of the facebook homepage, enter your login credentials and click on the login button to continue to your facebook newsfeed
- Next, go to the top right corner of the facebook page and click on the V-shaped icon
- Now, you’ll need to click on the settings option from the dropdown menu
- Navigate to the left side of the facebook general account settings page and click security and login
- Click Edit at the far right of the use two factor authentication option
- You may be asked to enter your facebook password. If they do, enter it in the space provided and click on the continue button and you’ll be taken to the facebook 2FA page
- Now you’ll need to choose text message or authentication app
- Click on the option you like and select the number you wish to use to be receiving codes from facebook whenever you want to login your account.
- Click Save changes once you’re done
That is how to enable two-factor authentication on facebook. Note that whenever you want to login to your account, facebook will send you a code. Without the code, you can’t login your account.
If however, after settings 2FA on facebook you wish to disable or turn it off, you can also do that.
How To Deactivate Two Factor Authentication On Facebook
To turn off 2FA on facebook, you’ll need to follow the below guide to figure out how to get that done fast.
- Login facebook via facebook.com
- Click settings after clicking on the menu button at the top right corner of your facebook page
- Click Security & Login at the left column of the facebook general settings page
- Click edit next to the use two factor authentication
- Next, enter your facebook password and click on the continue button
- At the top of the screen should be an indicator noting that two-factor authentication is on, accompanied by the date it was first enabled. Select Turn Off.
- A confirmation dialog will now appear. Select Turn Off again to complete the process.
That is it with how to activate and turn off 2FA on facebook step by step.
How To Reset Facebook Password Fast
If you want to change your facebook password, you can follow the below instructions:
- Click on the v-shaped icon at the top right corner of your facebook page and click settings
- Click security and login at the left column of the facebook page
- Click edit next to the change password option and you’ll be taken to your facebook password page
- Enter your password to proceed
- Now, enter your current password and a new password
- Re-type the new password in the space provided
- Lastly, click save changes and you’re done
That is how to successfully change or reset your password in facebook fast and easy.
I hope this article was helpful.
- two factor authentication facebook lost phone
- facebook 2 factor authentication google authenticator
- facebook two factor authentication not working
- disable two factor authentication facebook
- facebook two factor authentication not sending code
- facebook two factor authentication code not received
- how to turn off two factor authentication facebook without logging in
- facebook two factor authentication without phone number
please share 2FA – How To Activate Two-Factor Authentication On Facebook with your friends and loved ones!!!