Hacked Facebook Account – Facebook has over 3.2 billion active monthly users and all of those users access their accounts almost at the same time.
- how to recover hacked facebook account without email
- how to recover a hacked facebook account and secure within 10 steps
- facebook account hacked
- facebook account hacked and locked
- facebook hacked how to fix
- recover facebook account
- how to recover facebook account without phone number
- facebook account hacked and password changed
However, not all of these Facebook users are there to use the various features on the platform.
Some are there to cause havoc. That is why several Facebook users are having issues with hacked Facebook accounts.
However, this facebook post is all about how to recover a hacked facebook account.
Interestingly, how to retrieve hacked accounts on facebook is fairly easy and can be done by every facebook user.
How Do You Know That Your Facebook Account Have Been Hacked?
How to figure out that your facebook account has been hacked is very simple.
Here are the lists of things you can watch for if you think your account has been hacked:
Your email or password has changed. If you’re using your personal computer to access facebook, go to www.facebook.com and hover to the top right corner of the facebook homepage and enter your email address or cellphone number or your full name and password and then click on the login button. If your account has been tampered with by someone, you won’t be able to access it.
However, there are not only the yardsticks for knowing that your account has been hacked. Well, you can quickly click on the forgot password and follow the onscreen instructions to change your password.
Your Facebook profile name or birthday has changed. If you’re still in your facebook account, you’ll notice that your date of birth or name has been changed. You can also use a friend’s computer to attempt to access your facebook account details if you can’t access them.
Facebook Friend requests have been sent from your account to people you don’t know. If you’ve noticed that friend requests have been sent to people you don’t on facebook. Or people you’ve not sent friend requests on facebook are now your friends. This will cause your friends number to increase.
Facebook Friend requests have been sent to people who are already your friends. You’ll also realise that people that are already your friends have been sent friend’s requests.
Facebook Posts that you didn’t create have appeared to be from you. When someone hacked your facebook account, the person will post new articles or pictures on your timeline. So you’ll see kinds of stuff that have not been posted by you appearing on your facebook timeline. This is also a sign that your facebook account has been played with.
Your Facebook Friends receive messages from you that you didn’t write. Your close friends on facebook and others on your friends list will be receiving messages that you’ve not written in their chatbox. All these are the things you’ll notice and get to know that your facebook account has been hacked.
Well, how to recover your facebook account is not a big deal. However, depending on the hacker you may not be able to regain access to your account.
But that notwithstanding, this article is all about how to regain access to a hacked facebook account very facebook.
How To Recover Hacked Facebook Account
One of the best things to do when you noticed your facebook account has been hacked to change your facebook account password. Yes, once you change your password, the person won’t be able to access the account anymore and thus you’ve recovered your hacked facebook account.
However, in the event you were unable to change your Facebook account password, you’ll need to follow the below instructions on how to contact facebook support for a compromised account.
Let’s, first of all, consider how to change facebook password.
How To Change Facebook Password Fast
To change your password on facebook, do the following:
- Enter facebook.com in your browser
- Go to the top right corner of the facebook homepage click on the forgot password option beneath the facebook login section
- Search for your facebook profile name by entering it in the space provided. Once you see your name click on the option that says this is my profile
- Next, you’ll need to choose the email address that you can access and click continue
- Go to your email address and click on the link sent to you by facebook
- Enter your new password and confirm it
- Lastly, click on the continue button and you’ll be taken to your facebook account.
If it is your mobile number that is associated with your Facebook account, select the option and Facebook will send a code to your SMS box. Copy the code and enter it in the space provided.
Click on the submit button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can change your Facebook account password.
Do that and you’ll regain access to your Facebook account fast and easy.
If however, you cannot change your facebook password via the above steps, you’ll need to contact facebook.
How to contact facebook for a compromised account is very simple and easy and facebook will respond to your complaint as quickly as possible.
Here is how to:
- Turn on your computer device
- Next, you’ll need to visit the Facebook’s Report Compromised Account page via this link: https://www.facebook.com/hacked/
- Find and click on the option that says: My Account Is Compromised.
- Now, you’ll need to enter the phone number or email address that is linked to your account
- Once you’re done with step 4 above, click the Search button to continue.
- On the next page that appears, you’ll need to enter your account current password or an old one and then select Continue.
- Choose the option that best describes why you think your facebook account has been hacked and click on the continue button and you’ll be taken to another page.
- Facebook explains that you need to change your password and confirm that recent changes to your account came from you to keep your account secure. Do that and click Get Started at the bottom of the page.
- Check through the pages and the activities that have taken place on your account.
- Change your account password and click on the save changes button and you’ll be taken to your facebook account.
That is how to recover a hacked facebook account fast and easy. Now that you’ve successfully regained access to your facebook account, there are things you need to do to prevent people from easily gaining access to your account.
Things To Do To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers
Here are the lists of measures you can take to prevent your account on facebook from hackers.
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Change your facebook password on a regular basis
- Choose your trusted friends
- Delete unknown apps from your facebook account
Let’s take a brief look at how we get some of them done fast and easy.
How To Change Your Facebook Account Password
How to change your account password on facebook is fairly simple and easy. Follow the below guide:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser and log into your account
- Go to the top right corner of your facebook page and click on the small triangular-shaped icon
- The above step will initiate a dropdown menu. Find and click settings from the dropdown menu
- Next, you’ll need to scroll to the left column of the page that appears and click on the security & login option
- Locate at the far right of the change password option and you should see edit. Click on it and you should see the facebook password changing option.
- Enter your old password and new password in the spaces provided.
- Enter your new password again and click on the save changes button
That is how to change or reset your facebook password. During that on a regular basis will help secure your account on facebook.
2. How To Activate Two Facebook Authentication
Facebook two-factor or 2FA is one of the best ways of securing your account. With this method, whenever someone or even you attempt to access your account, facebook will either send you an OTP or sent a text message with code which you’ll need to confirm.
Here to enable 2FA on facebook is very simple and easy. Here is how to:
- Login your facebook account
- Go to the top right corner of your facebook page and click on the V-shaped icon to open a dropdown menu. Click settings and you’ll be taken to the general settings page
- Next you’ll need to check at the left column of the facebook settings page and then click Security & Login
- On the page, scroll down a bit and you should see the two-factor authentication option. Click on the edit button next to the option
- Now, to get started with the 2FA set up process, you will need to click on the get started option
- Next, you’ll be requested to choose whether to use text message or authentication app. AFterward, click on the next button to continue
- If you choose Text Message, enter the code in the fields provided. If you choose Authentication App, launch it on your phone and follow the instructions.
- Click Finish when you see the Two-Factor Authentication Is On message.
Once you’ve done setting up the 2FA authentication option, whenever you want to login your account, a code will be sent to your phone by facebook. Copy the code and enter it in the space provided before you will be allowed to continue to the facebook account login page. Enter your password and login email address or cellphone number and then click on the login button to continue to your facebook account.
3. How To Remove Apps That are Linked To Your Facebook Account
Sometimes, when you visit some platforms, you’ll be asked to access the site via your facebook account. Once you allowed them to access your facebook details, they have linked up your facebook account details to their sites and apps.
Well, facebook has a section where you can access all the apps and websites that had accessed your account and you can remove them if you so choose.
Fortunately, how to locate all of those apps as well as websites that have been linked to your facebook account is very simple and easy.
Here is how to:
- From Facebook.com, login your acount if you’ve not already done that
- Click on the menu button at the top right corner of your facebook page and click settings from the dropdown menu
- Click apps and websites at the left column of the general settings page
- On the next page that appears, you’ll see all the apps and websites that have been linked to your facebook account
- Now, click to select the app you want to delete and click on the remove button at the top of the page
- Click remove on the popup menu and the app will be remove from your facebook account
That is how to remove unknown app and website from your facebook acount.
It is that simple. Follow the instructions accordingly and you’ll get it done fast and easy.
That is it on How To Recover Hacked Facebook Account Fast. Please share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!