How To Make Phone Calls On Your Gmail Account: Do you have a gmail account and looking for a guide on how to make phone calls on the messaging app? If yes, here is a post that teaches all the steps you need to follow to make phone calls using your gmail account.
Every Gmail account owner can use Google Voice to make and receive phone calls from Gmail instead of visiting the Google Voice website.
Interestingly, you can make and receive phone calls via Voice from your Gmail screen only on a computer with a functioning microphone. If you have a smartphone, you can also use it to make calls in the Google Voice mobile app.
This article is all about how to make phone calls on your gmail account.
How to Call Someone From Gmail Account
To use your gmail to someone, you must be connected to an internet source. If you are connected to an internet source, you can follow the below guide to make phone calls using gmail account:
- First off, you will need to download and install the Google Hangouts plugin. This google Hangouts app will allow you to do Google’s free chat, instant messaging, and video chat. Once you install hangouts, the Hangouts window will show below the list of email folders. It is important to bear in mind here that every new Gmail account come with Hangouts.
- Next, you will need to locate and select either Make a call or the phone icon.
3. If the contact you want to call is in your contacts list, hover over the contact and select the phone icon. The phone call will start immediately.
4. If the number is not in your list of contacts, enter the phone number in the Name text box and press Enter (or the phone icon that’s next to the number). The phone call will begin immediately.
5. If the number is in a different country than what’s indicated by the flag, select the flag and choose the appropriate country. The proper country code is automatically attached to the number.
6. Press Hang up to end the call.
How To Receive Phone Calls On Gmail Account
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily access and receive calls on your gmail account.
A call to your Google Voice number causes a ring notification to sound on your computer. If you have the Hangouts plugin, you don’t have to leave Gmail to answer the call.
Press Answer to pick up the call.
Or, select Screen to send the call to voicemail, select Join to answer the call when you know who the caller is, or select Ignore to end the alert and the call.
That is it on How To Make Phone Calls On Your Gmail Account. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!